Fair Tax Nation

Replace All Federal Taxes on Income with the Fair Tax Act , HR 25

This is a letter I just received from my congressman, while it was great to get a reply it is VERY non-commital! Looking forward to hearing your comments!

Dear Jamie:

Thank you for contacting me again regarding the "FAIR Tax". I appreciate you taking the time to share your views with me. Thank you for sharing a link to Congressman King's special order.

As I mentioned in my previous correspondence, one of my highest goals is dramatic reform and simplification of the federal tax code. Amerian taxpayers deserve a tax code they can understand. We must replace our current code with one that is simpler, fairer, more uniform, and consistent. You may be interested to learn that I am a co-spsonsor of the Tax Code Termination Act, which would eliminate the current tax code after December 31, 2012. The bill requires that a new, simple and fair federal tax system be approved by Congress by July 4, 2012. You specifically mentioned your support for the FAIR Tax proposal. I am familiar with the FAIR Tax proposal and believe it is an idea that merits careful consideratin. While I am not a member of the House Ways and Means committee, which has jurisdiction over all legislation addressing changes to our tax system, you may be certain that I will keep your support for the FAIR Tax in mind as the full House of Representatives considers tax reform measures.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your views with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future on any matter of importance to you.

Views: 55

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Still waiting for a Hastings response.
Send it again......and keep sending it until he responds ;)

We're not going away!!
You may want to ask him what he sees or doesn't see in the Tax Code Termination Act that would encourage him to be a cosponsor that he does or doesn't see in The Fair Tax Act discouraging from him being a cosponsor.
Here is what I would say:

Dear Congressman:

Thank you for allowing me to contact you regarding the FairTax. I appreciate you taking the time to share your views on the subject of taxation.

Since one of your highest goals is reform and simplification of the federal tax code, I must advise you that reform is NOT the answer, and simplification is impossible under the current premise (redistribute wealth). If Americans deserve a tax code they can understand, then anything that has to do with this system of taxing income, and giving perference to some with tax breaks, is NOT conducive to that end. We must not only replace our current code with one that is simpler, fairer, more uniform and consistent, but we must replace our current code with the FairTax which IS simple, fair, truly uniform and consistent. It is interesting that you are a co-sponser of the Tax Code Termination Act, which would eliminate the current tax code after December 31, 2012. That is a wonderful start. Then you simply need to pass the FairTax by July 4, 2012. You may sure we will keep our representatives aware of the state-wide support for the necessity of the FairTax while the full House of Representatives considers useless tax reform measures. Reform of the current code is not an option, the FairTax is. The FairTax does all the things you say a tax code needs to do, with the added benefit of being fully transparent as it takes hidden federal spending out of the tax code.

Thank you for the opportunity to share my views with you. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if you would like more information on the FairTax and what a tremendous benefit it will be to our country.
Jamie, for what it's worth here is my suggested response.

1. If you have not already done so the join the Libertarian Party in your state.

2. Contact the chairman of the state LP and notify him that you intend to seek the party's nomination to run against this mealy mouth double talking twerp.

3. Run a single issue campaign to show the voters in your district the merits of the Fair Tax and the silliness of this bozo for using procedural trickery to block the Fair Tax.

Make no mistake that his Tax Code Termination Act is nothing more than a political game to block the grass roots tax rebellion that includes the Fair Tax Movement.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Marilyn Rickert.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service