Fair Tax Nation

Replace All Federal Taxes on Income with the Fair Tax Act , HR 25

President Obama, in his budget press conference this morning, has held the ball perfectly for Representative King... all the Congressman needs to do is kick it through the uprights.

The President spoke of how this budget is an "economic blueprint for our future; a foundation on which to build a recovery that lasts," and indicated that the budget's "investments" in domestic programs would "lead to real growth and real prosperity." Representative King can easily turn these words right back around in support of the FairTax, and it sure didn't stop there.

President Obama was, in fact, very generous with the openings he gave to the Iowa Congressman, including one where he stated that this budget aims to "bring down the costs of Medicare and Medicaid, so we can reduce those deficits in the long run." Of course, that issue would be addressed completely by the FairTax, doubling the number of tax-paying Americans.

The President also said that some may feel that the "plans in this budget are too ambitious to enact, ... but the challenge we face is too large to ignore." This is an all-too-familiar sentiment among our ranks, isn't it?

Finally, President Obama put forth the following: "If there are members of Congress who object to policies and proposals in this budget, then I ask them to be ready and willing to propose constructive alternative solutions. If certain aspects of this budget people don't think work [sic], provide us some ideas in terms of of what you do."

Glad you asked, Mr. President...

Views: 35

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have spoken but they have selective hearing. Hence the Tea Parties. They think we can be ignored.

Dave
Mathew,

This is truely a prefect time for Obama to say this.
Rep. King: Hit it out of the park today at 4:15PM. And smile while you round the bases!!!!! Good luck to you!
I really hope america opens it's eyes to the fair tax and see that it's a road to our finnancial future in restructuring our economy permanently!!
'Glad you asked, Mr. President... '

...now I just hope you listen!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Marilyn Rickert.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service