Fair Tax Nation

Replace All Federal Taxes on Income with the Fair Tax Act , HR 25

Representive (Illinois big surprise there) Condems Tea Parties

http://briefingroom.thehill.com/2009/04/16/schakowsky-tea-parties-d...

From her actual page:
http://www.house.gov/apps/list/press/il09_schakowsky/pr_teaparties_...

“The ‘tea parties’ being held today by groups of right-wing activists, and fueled by FOX News Channel, are an effort to mislead the public about the Obama economic plan that cuts taxes for 95 percent of Americans and creates 3.5 million jobs. It’s despicable that right-wing Republicans would attempt to cheapen a significant, honorable moment of American history with a shameful political stunt. Not a single American household or business will be taxed at a higher rate this year. Made to look like a grassroots uprising, this is an Obama bashing party promoted by corporate interests, as well as Republican lobbyists and politicians.”

Contact Address:
Washington, D.C.
2367 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 225-2111
Fax: (202) 226-6890

Chicago
5533 N. Broadway
Chicago, IL 60640
Phone: (773) 506-7100
Fax: (773) 506-9202

Evanston
820 Davis Street, Suite 105
Evanston, IL 60201
Phone: (847) 328-3409
Fax: (847) 328-3425

i am going to send her a postcard so everyone can read it on the way to her. Might send it to all 3 addresses.

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have the following letter ready and will fax it in the morning. Wish we could heat up her fax machine from all members here. I'm faxing to all three offices.

Dear Honorable Schakowsky,

Please be advised that there were tea parties in all 50 states. Fox News nor any other organization have gotten out over 2 million people for any event or cause in history that I'm aware of. There were people from all walks of life, all income levels, both major parties and 3rd party affiliations. People are mad and they have a right to be. It is arrogance and political suicide to deny the will of the people. The silent majority are no longer going to be silent and these tea parties were the beginning not the end. Thank you for letting us know where you stand.

Dave
we can always mail her empty boxes of tea. :-) No bags though.

I was so mad i was going to send her a copy of the declaration of indepence with certian things highlighted. Unfortunately my printer didn't want to cooperate.
Am I the only one who sees the problem with this part of the statement?

"Not a single American household or business will be taxed at a higher rate this year. "

All of this money will have to be paid back.
What is the plan for paying it back?
Who will be paying it back?
When will the be paying it back?
And in addition to that...

The statement probably isn't true and even if it is they will just tax us even more next year.
Not a single American household or business will be taxed at a lower rate this year.

I can't even begin to describe how irate her comments make me.
she doesn't either it is rhetoric.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Marilyn Rickert.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service