Fair Tax Nation

Replace All Federal Taxes on Income with the Fair Tax Act , HR 25

http://http://boortz.com/nealz_nuze/2010/02/what-happened-to-the-fa...

By that I mean what happened to the FairTax on the Contract From America website? I've been promoting this website for many weeks now. I
liked the premise. The website was established by a group called Tea
Party Patriots, one of several Tea Party factions. People were asked to
submit their ideas as to what they would like to see in a new contract
with the Republican party; a "Contract from America." The idea was that
after a certain period of time the top ideas, as ranked through a
voting process, would be included in a new contract and presented to
candidates.

I was particularly encouraged by this Contract From America process because, as I told you many times on the air, the FairTax was ranked as the No. 1 idea by almost a two-to-one margin.
Clearly the people who logged in to this website wanted to see the
FairTax on the Republican agenda.

So ... last night I revisit the Contract From America website to see how the FairTax is doing. Tomorrow I'm going to be announcing a new and innovative tax protest
that each and every listen and Nuze reader can participate in, and
wanted to see where we stood. Well guess what .... The FairTax had
completely disappeared from the Contract With America website. The page
where you vote on ideas is gone. Now on the home page you'll see a link saying "Choose your Top Ten. Vote here." When you look at the top ten the FairTax is nowhere to be seen.

This is not to say that the ideas presented by the Tea Party Patriots are bad ... most are very good. But somewhere in that organization someone
made the executive decision that the FairTax would not be a part of
their Contract with America. The votes of the people who visited their
site were largely ignored. The number one idea, the FairTax, was
rejected in favor of what appears to be a flat tax. (See table below)

Just wondering what happened here.

Now .. here's the list from the Tea Party Patriots for their Contract From America. They want you to pick the top ten:

DEMAND A BALANCED BUDGET

Begin the Constitutional amendment process to require a balanced budget with a two-thirds majority needed for any tax hike

STOP THE TAX HIKES

Permanently repeal all tax hikes, including those to the income, capital gains, and death taxes, currently scheduled to begin in 2011.

COMMIT TO REAL GOVERNMENT TRANSPARENCY

Every bill, in its final form, will be made public seven days before any vote can be taken and all government expenditures authorized by any bill
will be easily accessible on the Internet before the money is spent.

PROTECT THE CONSTITUTION

Require each bill to identify the specific provision of the Constitution that gives Congress the power to do what the bill does. (Proposed by: Brooke
Storrs, Midland, MI)

PASS MARKET-BASED HEALTHCARE & HEALTH INSURANCE REFORM

Make health care and insurance more affordable by enabling a competitive, open, and transparent free-market health care and health insurance
system that isn't restricted by state boundaries.

ENACT FUNDAMENTAL TAX REFORM

Adopt a simple and fair single-rate tax system by scrapping the internal revenue code and replacing it with one that is no longer than 4,543
words--the length of the original Constitution.

END RUNAWAY GOVERNMENT SPENDING

Impose a statutory cap limiting the annual growth in total federal spending to the sum of inflation rate plus the percentage of population

LET US SAVE

Allow young Americans the choice of opting out of Social Security and Medicare payroll taxes, creating both real financial security in
retirement through the freedom to own your personal retirement savings,
and reducing the long-term unfunded liabilities of the federal
government

PROTECT INTERNET FREEDOM

No regulation or tax on the Internet.

GIVE PARENTS MORE CHOICES IN THE EDUCATION OF THEIR CHILDREN

Improve American education by reforming the broken federal role through eliminating ineffective and wasteful programs, giving parents more
choices from pre-school to high school, and improving the affordability
of higher education.

PASS AN "ALL OF THE ABOVE" ENERGY POLICY

Authorize the exploration of proven energy reserves to reduce our dependence on foreign energy sources from unstable countries and reduce regulatory
barriers to all other forms of energy creation, lowering prices and
creating competition.

PROTECT FREEDOM OF THE PRESS

Prohibit the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) from using funds to reinstate the Fairness Doctrine in any form, including requiring
"localism" or "diversity" quotas.

RESTORE FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY & CONSTITUTIONALLY LIMITED GOVT

Create a Blue Ribbon taskforce that engages in a complete audit of federal agencies and programs, assessing their Constitutionality, and
identifying duplication, waste, ineffectiveness, and agencies and
programs better left for the states

PROTECT PRIVATE PROPERTY RIGHTS

Block state and local governments that receive federal grants from exercising eminent domain over private property for the primary purpose of
economic development or enhancement of tax revenues.

REJECT CAP & TRADE

Stop costly new regulations that would increase unemployment, raise consumer prices, and weaken the nation's global competitiveness with virtually
no impact on global temperatures.

STOP THE PORK

Place a moratorium on all earmarks until the process is fully transparent, including requiring a 2/3 majority to pass any earmark

AUDIT THE FED

Begin an audit of the Federal Reserve System

NO MORE BAILOUTS

The federal government should not bail out private companies and should immediately begin divesting itself of its stake in the private
companies it owns from recent bailouts.

STOP CAREER POLITICIANS & CURB LOBBYIST POWER

Begin the Constitutional amendment process to require Congressional term limits.

SUNSET REGULATIONS & ENACT FUNDAMENTAL REGULATORY REFORM

Sunset all regulations in order to eliminate those that are wasteful, unconstitutional, and ineffective, and place strict limits on the
ability of agencies to create regulations

LET US WATCH

Broadcast all non-security meetings and votes on C-SPAN and the Internet.

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

> I've noticed this going on too. It could be the influence of the Republican leadership.They are not in favor of the FairTax as you probably know. Perhaps we should contact the leadership of the group and try to establish a dialog. If they have just forgotten where the majority of their supporters stand on this issue they might reword their platform. If they are taking instruction for a political party they are at risk of losing an important part of their support. The other thing I've noticed is that the GOOOH site no longer has links to other movements such as FairTaxNation. This is hopefully an oversight because our goals are so closely intertwined. I'd like to see a front page link from each site to the other.
We got the shaft, it looks like.
These "oversites" R a continuing slap in the face from the TeaParty folk. Recall the Atlanta rally? Kudos 2 ALL, except FairTax. My Pal Herb said, we R not courting the TeaParty, "we only had a very bad 1st date".

#2 should have been: FairTaxHR25/S296. (PLAIN & SIMPLE!!! AARGH!)

I didn't read the rest of the list....2 disappointed after blatent omission of FairTax.
Its not the TEA Party that is the problem. It is that there are som many people jumping out in front to lead the parade. These people are folks like Dick Armey and FreedomWorks. They want us to show up for their stuff but we need to sit down and shut up when we get there.

If TEA Party Partiots wants to speak for the grass roots they need to stop catering to Freedom Works.

It seems obvious to me that FreedomWorks is the enemy of the FairTax. When they got involved with TPP, they ditched the FairTax in the poll. We need every FairTaxer in the TEA Parties to call them out on it.
I noticed Grover Norquist is involved with the Contract From America. If I remember correctly he is not in favor of The Fair Tax. This explains why The Fair Tax was removed from the list.
That is interesting.

Where exactly did you see that Grover Norquist was involved in it?

Now there is a pair, Grover Norquist and Dick Armey.
Go to the link below and click on the homepage link. Click on the Article titled "NEWSMAX: Tea Party Launches Contract from America". The second paragraph mentions Norquist's involvement.

www.contractfromamerica.com/Idea.aspx
My sentiments exactly. THX. After the Atlanta shin-dig I sent emails to TeaParty folks in all states they listed (42?). I left a similar msg on the main organizers website for same. None replied. They were on the fur. FairTax gets to the meat. I have no patience 4 Armey's plan.
Neal Boortz was all over this during his show yesterday. Today, Neal interviewed a feller (sorry, the name escapes me but he went to Harvard Law School) who said he was a national coordinator for TEA Party Patriots. This gentleman stated he was a FairTax supporter and that TPP at no time received funding from Freedom Works. He also said that TPP used a poor choice of words when it came to framing the question about tax reform and the question should really have been about tax reform in general as opposed to being aimed at either the flat tax or the FairTax. He indicated that the wording of the question would be changed.

That's his story and I'm sure he's going to stick to it. Neal said he was satisfied with the explanation.
Well, I'm not.

TPP say they speak for the grass roots. The grass roots said they wanted FairTax loud and clear. It looks like they intend to silence the will of the grassroots.

What is the point in watering the question down?
> Well, Jim we can't just let it lay. We have to get back in front of the members of those organisations and make it clear what our solution is and why they should support it. I don't have a sure way how to do that but we have to.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Marilyn Rickert.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service