Fair Tax Nation

Replace All Federal Taxes on Income with the Fair Tax Act , HR 25

FairTaxNation Storms the HILL on April 15, 2010... R U with me (us)?!!! LET THE PLANNING BEGIN!!!

Way to go all you who were there on 9/11!!! We know it had an impact because we got another cosponsor! Let's do it again only this time lets DOUBLE our FTN Stormin' the hill numbers!!!

I'll need lots of input from all you who were there so it will be bigger and better! Lets hear from you! The do's and don'ts, the hotels & etc.

The FairTax Legislation needs to be a HUGE topic of FREEDOM, Small Government and Power to the People!! Imagine a USA pre-1913 when the 16th Amendment got forced upon us.

Looking forward to hearing and planning and MEETING you in DC storming the Hill!!!

Goooooooooo FairTax, YES IN OUR LIFETIME!! "2013" would be good!
WE KNOW they can pass a bill in less than a month!!!

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The tea partiers have it figured out, an email just came across my pc that indicates that they are focused on the Senate Finance Committee.

------------------------------see excerpt below---

{and this is where we need to focus our efforts. We need your help in emailing the Senators of the Senate Finance Committee members.

We have three simple messages for them:
1. No Government Run Health Care

2. No Mandate

3. No Reconciliation/Fast Track (using reconciliation for health care reform is corrupt}
-------------------End of Excerpt
I think I just got that email myself...

You are right, about focusing on the ones we needd to make it happen.

I also noted how many audit-the-fed cosponsors there were without any action being taken.
It will take an overwhelming grassroots movement and voting out politicians who are opposed to The Fair Tax or pay only lip service. Fair Taxers whose politicians have signed on need to pressure those Congress critters to be more assertive supporting The Fair Tax. We should get a count of how many people seeking office will make The Fair Tax an essential part of their platform.

Rob Simmons, former Congressman and CIA agent, is running against Senator Dodd in Connecticut. Simmons was on a local radio talk show in June and took phone calls from people. I called and asked if he would support The Fair Tax. He went only as far as stating we need to overhaul the federal tax code but would not commit specifically to The Fair Tax. Last night one of his campaign staff called me last night for a donation. I told the staffer of my conversation with Simmons and that I wouldn't consider Simmons until he supports The Fair Tax. I gave the staffer on overview of The Fair Tax and he discussed it with me for a few minutes.

In the meantime I am trying to build a base in Connecticut. I, along with three other people have handed out hundreds of fliers, at many tea party rallies and neighborhoods. The fliers include my name phone number and email address which I point out to them and let it be known we are looking for volunteers. People seem very receptive as they are eager to take fliers but fail to commit. I suspect they will not do so until they see a larger groups supporting The Fair Tax. Having Fair Tax members from other states rally at each state capital, including Hartford CT, may convince them to join and put pressure on candidates such as Simmons.
Dan, until this election for 2010, we have been doing very little to acquire challengers for FairTax cosponsorship. We have a FairTax Campaign Pledge now. I really can't tell you that this will go far but we acquired 3 signers immediately! This helps pre-election on paper which also includes a few words that indicate once elected will cosponsor, promote and support the FairTax. Attached is a blank copy. Be sure to offer it to all your candidates of all parties. This pledge was written by one of our dedicated volunteers.
Attachments:
How do you get passed that?

Well, we have Huckabee, we have Boortz - and while Hannity might have voted Mitt, he is on record as favoring the FairTax, so we should be able to get his support.

I think we're going to need a lot more that 1,200 to attend if we hope to have any impact.

In my humble opinion, I think we need to focus on each and every representative/senator in Congress. Sure, we could focus on those few representatives and senators on the ways and means/finance committees - but don't you think these guys talk with other members of Congress to see if there is widespread support for a bill?

You are right - just getting cosponsors will not work. You can have almost every member of Congress cosponsor a bill, but unless a majority of the committee members vote to move the bill out of committee, it goes nowhere. For now, the committee majorities are Democrats and since the majority party does not seem to favor the FairTax, HR25 is doomed to sitting in committee forever. Sorry, but that is just the way this game is played. We either need to get the majority party on our side or "flip the house" before we stand a chance.
Shall we extend our hands to all the different tea party groups, walnut group and so forth regarding the FAIRTAX STORMS the HILL on April 15, 2010 while at the same time planning a HUGE FairTax presence on 9/12/10....

WE HAVE THE 1st SOLUTION...while the TeaParties bring to light all the problems!!!
How will it work? I think I can go.
Similar to how it went on 9/11 only WAYYY more people and focusing on them to PLEDGE to cosponsor the FairTax. I think it would be VERY good to give a NOTE of THANKS on Behalf of all the FairTax supporters across the USA to those who are already cosponsors!!!

Meet at the IRS building (time & exact location to be announced)
From there STORM the hill in groups designated to go to certain offices!!
The event went pretty well on the 11th, but there were a few things that could be improved. You should hold a dress rehersal. Do a mike test with each speaker, so they know how to use it. I love Jonathan, but he couldn't be heard for the first few minutes of his speech. Also the leaders of the walk should hold signs identifying which house they are going to, and they should not have to stop to ask directions along the way. Also, there should be sign-up lists posted at FTN beforehand so people can sign up for the appropriate office to visit. And maybe we should take books, instead of just a paper printout. Also, I think we should shoot for 3 to 5 thousand in attendance.
3-5,000 WOULD BE AWESOME & should be doable!!!
Josh THANKS so much for the "improvement ideas"!!!
You'll be able to hear Michael as I'll be uploading them in the next 48hrs.
FairTax Storm the Hill spkr 1, 2, & 3...It will be on YouTube & here for viewing!
In 2010 will we have speakers? If so who and when will we have them speak. The MOST important part of STORMING the HILL is PRESSURE on congress!!!
We should have some "chants" to say as we go from the IRS Building to the Congress.
>>>>How many are there and lets get the overseers now: and let the sign ups begin!

**"Books" The FairTax Book? It might also be good to get a book into the hands of their Tax Aides!!! Time to start hitting Amazon! HMmmm wonder if Neal Boortz would donate a few?!!!

"Letters of THANKS to those who have cosponsored the legislation & share some ideas how they can actively increase their support." (Any ideas here?)

I think we need to have several different discussion posts:
FAIRTAX STORMS the HILL Sign UP to be in a GROUP & Group Leaders.:
How many do we need?
FAIRTAX STORMS the HILL I'm going
FAIRTAX STORMS the HILL maps/links/directional information
Ok, here are a few more of my thoughts...

If FTN goes alone on this, then I think we need to shoot for a crowd of at least 5,350 - that would be 10 members from each congressional district (4,350) and 10 for each Senator (1,000).

I would like to suggest that we use Freedom Plaza as a staging point just as it was used for the 9/12 event. The march would begin from there and proceed for about a block to 12th street, turn right and then proceed to Constitution Avenue ( Pennsylvania Avenue is nice, but it doesn't quite make a statement like Constitution Avenue). We can then turn left and continue the march down Constitution Avenue past the IRS building. Now, what we do at the IRS building is up for grabs, but bear in mind that there isn't anyone in that building that has an impact on the passage of the FairTax. We can pause there long enough to make whatever symbolic gesture we feel necessary, but I personally don't think we should allow for much time there; our fight is after all with the Congress.

Given that plan, we will need a location at which we can meet and rally. My thinking is this will be where we want to have speakers and a point where the participants can leave their signs while they visit the halls of Congress (no signs are allowed in the Federal buildings). And yes, we will want to have speakers - as many as we can get, especially those who are known FairTax supporters with national recognition (Mike Huckabee, Neal Boortz, Sean Hannity and whoever). From there, we can then break into separate groups that will pay visits to respective representatives and senators. I strongly believe this must be a coordinated "attack".

As I stated earlier, it would be nice if we had 10 people from each congressional district in the country - but I think we can have the same impact with just 1, but we must have that one.

Why just one? Because that single person can present a petition (sorry, not just a sign-up sheet, but an honest to God petition) to their member of Congress. I think we can multiply our voices by hundreds, if not thousands, if we can deliver such documents.

There should be two petitions. One that encourages representatives to endorse and cosponsor the FairTax and the other to thank cosponsors for their support but at the same time challenge them to expand their efforts to other members of Congress - especially to those who are members of the House Ways & Means Committee. The exact wording of these petitions need to be determined - and I would like to think that Houston could help us out on this issue.

If this idea works, just imagine the impact it might have.

I believe now is the time to start collecting signatures for us to deliver on 4/15/10 !!

Again, just my thoughts... but I must admit I'm anxious for replys.
I think STORMING the HILL is more important than speakers...March from the IRS to STORM the HILL and then have speakers right there where they can see us. I don't think we should go it alone! I think it needs to be put out to ALL the TeaParty type links and it needs to be ADVERTISED as FAIRTAX Storms the Hill!!!! FairTax needs to be formost!

We may agree with A LOT of the anger and such at Congress, but we are there with a solution and a bill that can pass to start the problem solving of our country!!!

BOTH parties are taking this country are taxing and spending too much. This event would be GREAT to have Huckabee or Linder, or Boortz or Congressman Steve King speaking at...Joe the Plumber? Chuck Norris?

5,000 in attendance would be great regardless of what district. WE need to start getting the word out NOW!!! FairTax District Directors it is time to blast e-mail our states!!! IT isn't just about DC it is also making sure those who are unable to go also have a plan & have a sense of taking part!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Marilyn Rickert.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service