Fair Tax Nation

Replace All Federal Taxes on Income with the Fair Tax Act , HR 25

FairTax will be part of it's platform along with term limits.

What do you folks think of this?

Views: 255

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not a citizen and can't vote....so I like to think I don't have a horse in this race....but I do.
My horse is America!!

I'm so sick of Republicans trying to down talk Democrats and Democrats trying to destroy Republicans.
The truth is both parties do not have America's best interests at heart and haven't for as long as I've been watching this go on.

Until one side (and by that I mean Republicans) just gives up caring what the other side thinks and see's what needs to be done for America then this cycle of 8 years of b*tching by one side which then switches to the other when they lose power will continue until America is lost forever.
And the way things are looking now it looks as if America is on the brink.

It's happened to many other countries, we've seen it happen in the last 100 years and nothing good came of it. So why do we look to repeat their mistakes? WHY?!?!?

America IS the greatest coutnry on gods green earth, but if this country is lost........there is nowhere else.
When I speak to any politicians face to face about the FairTax I am asking them.....when is the arguing going to stop and when it the real action going to start?
But of coruse we as people need to be wide awake, ever visual and hold them to their campaign promises.

OK, off my soap box now.
On topic though....if a 3rd party came in, had amazingly huge support enough to scare the cr@p out of both Dems and Reps then I'd be all for it if they were behind the right issues.
But the right is so divided right now.......we're not going to be heard at any level until its too late.
Ross Perot had a good shot at this, and blew it. Until there is a charismatic type of individual like Ross with deep enough of pockets, I don't think it will happen.

Republicans are going to keep on bickering among themselves until one side gives up. It either moves further right or closer to the center. Until that time, they'll just flounder around with no direction.

The same thing happened to the Democrats back in 1994. The Republicans creamed them with their Contract with America. Too bad the Republicans broke that contract and lost credibility.
Perot did have a good run, but in the end all he really offered was his deep pockets and charisma. The problem with basing a campaign/party/movement on a charismatic leader is that you reinforce the idea that what we need to save the country is to give more power to the charismatic leader. That is the exact opposite of what we need. It is what the authors of the constitution sought to prevent.

As for the Republicans and Democrats, all they care about is maintaining and increasing their power. The Fair Tax movement is not going to rehabilitate these corrupt organizations.

The best hope is the Libertarian Party. That is where you will find a coherent platform based on limited government, individual liberty, fiscal responsibility and personal responsibility.

Of course, we don't have deep pockets, or charismatic leaders.
Strange, your first paragraph describes exactly what happened during the last election - and what is happening now right before our eyes.
I agree with you totally Simon. Most don't know that this last election, The Libertarians made great strides to get on the ticket in several states, because enough people voted Libertarian. (it was not a wasted vote) That means we do not have to spend as much effort to get on the ballot and can spend more time campaigning. If we would all look at teh platform and vote what is right instead of worrying about who is going to win, and who we might take votes from, we might have gotten further. The Problem I have with the party is they want to and have always wanted the government to live with in it's means. There fore they want the 16th amendment disposed of and No income tax. They (mistakenly?) do not see the Fairtax as a stepping stone to achieve both of these items. I can not see trying to start a fourth party as reasonable. There are too many road blocks that the Libertarians have already address with a huge amount money and of work. I agree with Sean Fagans insight on your first paragraph.
I hear ya, Tony! I'm fed up with the constant mudslinging from both parties. It seems their goal is to agitate and foster hatred; drives me out of my mind. In my dreams, I see both parties referring to the Consititution before they create any law, period. That's why I support the Enumerated Powers Act. I can't remember the bill number right off hand.

And Tony, I so appreciate your support, even if you're not a US citizen.

I, too, become very concerned over America losing her status as the last bastion of liberty on earth. There is nowhere else to go.
Thank you Nancy.

Doing what I can with what I've got!! ;)
Very well said Tony.

Of course, I have to wonder what is keeping you from becoming a citizen (if you don't mind my asking) - sounds like you'd be a good one - exactly the kind I want in a voting booth.

Oh, and I know the process - my wife and her daughter are from China. I am proud to say they have both become US citizens within the last 8 months.
Congratulations to your wife and daughter!
Thank you Nancy - I am very proud of them.
Getting off my rant and going back to the original post:

FairTax - GREAT
Term Limits - GREAT

Both will stand up to the onslaught they will receive from both Republicans and Democrats....but will the candidate and the party?
They will require a lot of money and a lot of support....I'm talking people taking time off work and campaigning in swing states and donating large sums of money.

It can be done, I'd be onboard with it....but it all depends on the individual candidate and what happens between now and then to possibly bring the Democrats down.
Even the slightest little thing will be opened up like an old wound and salt poured in by the bucket load.

Of course a squeaky clean candidate is not very likely....but we have to stay united!!
I think you might want to throw in a balanced budget in there, as well.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Marilyn Rickert.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service