Fair Tax Nation

Replace All Federal Taxes on Income with the Fair Tax Act , HR 25

Hi, I hope everyone is doing well. I completed a letter to the editor draft, which I am uploading here. Please read over it and let me know if there are any changes you would like to make. The Chattanooga Times-Free Press limits letters to 200 words, so I am fairly limited in the amount of information that can be covered. I tried to make it non-partisan and appeal to most people. I included the local website and fairtax.org instead of FTN. The .org site seems to have more general information for someone who doesn't know what the FairTax is and just wants the basics. I can change it though if you all would rather send people directly to FTN.com.

I also included a letter to Senator Alexander. I noticed on his website that he recently made comments supporting an optional flat tax to simplify the code for some people. I figured it wouldn't hurt sending him a letter describing the benefits of the FairTax over any flat tax – much less an optional one. Please let me know if you have any comments or suggestions on this letter. I can edit the content somewhat and send to Sen. Corker as well.

Views: 23

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I guess it's good to know that he's gotten enough comments about the FairTax to be forced to have someone compose a form letter specifically for the FairTax!
Here is the response from Alexander. Doesn't sound like he is exactly a supporter. At least someone in his and Corker's office is responding though.
Attachments:

RSS

© 2024   Created by Marilyn Rickert.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service