Fair Tax Nation

Replace All Federal Taxes on Income with the Fair Tax Act , HR 25

A while ago, I suggested that FairTax begin to plan, (or at least say something to us low-level workers) about the plans for reintroducing the bill to the 112th Congress in January.  Two years ago, there was no discussion, and we ended up losing the HR25/S25 designator, messing up all the printed materials and banners.  MY IDEA for this coming Congress, is to go for HR20/S12 making it say that we're ready to push for "FairTax 2012".  I thought it was boffo,  just like the push to double the co-Sponsor list by May Day (5/1/11)  I think that I saw two positive replies when posted on the DD, then the thread died.  No response from AFFT, and-- may I assume that no one is interested in this type of planning?  I'm beginning to feel a bit like a mushroom.  (keep it in the dark, and feed it ____)  Not to be offensive, but, we've got to work TOGETHER, so people get the idea that their work is necessary, and their contributions counted, or the ones who do the work and provide the cash, are going to take leave!  

Gary R. Anderson
DD, 1st, IL

Views: 70

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

FairTax is NOT a tax reduction plan, and it is NOT a spending reduction plan. (period.) FairTax is a tax "efficiency" and tax "choice" plan. It is step one, in a many phase need to get government under control. Under the IRS, Congress decides what it wants to spend, and the IRS TAKES your income to satisfy the lawmakers. It's the same way under the Flattery tax, too! You have NO say in the process, and if you fail to comply, you are guilty until you prove innocence, with no right to trial or appeal (from a neutral party). But, with FairTax we repeal the 16th, and kill the IRS, and the game changes, albeit, only slightly. It is a mistake to say that the FairTax will fix all ills in government; IT WILL give us a hole card with which to play, for future tax leverage.

We DESPERATELY and IMMEDIATELY need to drastically slash government spending, but we know that the lawmakers will only shift the pea to another shell, as is current with the Bush (so called) tax cuts. In a taxpayer revolt, (after FairTax implementation) which may be necessary, taxpayers at the very least may in unison go on a "spending strike" for a period of time, making their own goods, bartering, or buying used (untaxed) goods. The mere threat of this can be devastating to the big spenders in DC, by denying them the money, via our leverage. The question remains, will the economy collapse before we get the FairTax? (in which case NO ONE has any money, and anarchy rules)

But, in a better scenario, "consumption" which is handsdown THE singlemost POWERFUL weapon against unfair taxation, is restored to OUR control as the founders set it up. IF --We the People want to have a lower tax, we could (prospectively) sunset Social Security, and Medicare (as an example) and lower the FairTax rate from 23% to (say) 16% if it was a popular notion. Also, the then roaring economy would put downward pressure on the tax rate, since many new payers (importers, criminal, tourists,etc.) would help in paying OUR taxes. Just a guess, I'd expect the FairTax rate to gradually decrease year by year, and settle at about 18%, but that is not considering the massive debt we must begin to pay, which is again, upward pressure on te rate.

NO MATTER what the rate is ever, even if it's 45% at the register, it is a function of OUR allowing Congress to have the power to spend at will. 23% is a valid number accordingto all resarch, but some want it to be 15%, yet never consider the loss of many things they want, as it were for free. Also, if Congress balks at a 23% tax, do you think that anyone in Congress would vote for a 15%, unless they could keep the balance for themselves?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Marilyn Rickert.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service