TO TAKE BACK YOUR FUTURE,
VOTE YES ON ISSUE 2 and ISSUE 3.
On, Thursday, September 8th, Zanesville Patriots are partnering with Americans for Prosperity-Ohio on a Taxpayer Town Hall in Zanesville. This forum will feature Buckeye Institute President Matt Mayer, business owner Glenn Newman and others as panelists and speakers. Here are the details.
What: Taxpayer Town Hall
When: Thursday, September 8, 2011, 5:45 pm
Where: John McIntire Library, 220 North 5th Street, Zanesville, Ohio 43701
Here are some important facts about Issue 2:
• Issue 2 makes local governments more transparent in their negotiations with unions and gives you a much greater voice in how those negotiations turn out and how your tax dollars are spent.
• Issue 2 will help restore fairness in how your tax dollars are spent:
• In many cases, taxpayers are currently forced to pay the government employee’s 10 % pension contribution in addition to the employer’s 14 % pension contribution, and the government employee pays nothing. Under Issue 2, government employees, instead of taxpayers, will pay the government employee’s 10% share of pension contributions.
• Right now in Ohio, many government employees pay significantly less toward their health care plans than those in the private sector. Issue 2 takes some of this burden off of taxpayers by having government employees pay at least 15 % of the cost of their health care premium, which is still less than half of what most private sector workers pay.
• Under Issue 2, government employees will earn their paycheck based, in part, on performance and quality of work, not just on how long they’ve held the job.
• Issue 2 gives government employees a real choice in whether or not to join a union.