Fair Tax Nation

Replace All Federal Taxes on Income with the Fair Tax Act , HR 25

Email to Geraldo Rivera and His Fox News Friends About the FairTax

Email to Geraldo Rivera and His Fox News Friends About the FairTax:

Please Don't Misrepresent the FairTax!

To: Glenn Beck, Bill Hemmer, Bill O'Reilly, David Asman, Geraldo Rivera, Greta Van Susteren, John Gibson, Martha MacCallum, Trace Gallagher, Megyn Kelly, Mike Huckabee, Neil Cavuto, Sean Hannity, Shepard Smith, Steve Forbes, Laurence J. Kotlikoff

Geraldo,

I really enjoyed your show last night, but was crestfallen to hear you misrepresent the FairTax.

Can you talk to Gov. Mike Huckabee or Laurence J. Kotlikoff and get a better understanding of it? This is very important with all the Tea Parties coming up.

Not only are Americans upset with high taxes and excessive government spending, but we don't like the invasiveness to our privacy that the income tax provides.

Here's Larry Kotlikoff's website, http://people.bu.edu/kotlikoff/

Email: kotlikoff@bu.edu

What it looks like many people don't understand is that we are ALREADY PAYING 25 to 30% of every dollar that we spend at the store to corporations to pay their tax accountants. (embedded taxes)

Under the FairTax, there are no business between business taxes, so the FairTax stops the 15 or 20 taxes along every step of the manufacturing and shipping processes. Under the FairTax, new goods or services are only taxed once -- at the point of sale.

So, really, now we're paying 25% to 35% taxes under the income tax, our employer's pay an additional 8% for FICA and we also pay another 25% when we shop plus another 5 to 10% state sales taxes. So really, we're paying 50 to 70% taxes now -- triple taxation!

Can you understand now why getting rid of the IRS and tax audits and saving receipts in shoe boxes and getting 100% of our paychecks back is much better than a 25% tax at the cash register?

Please Mr. Kotlikoff, help us out here! We'd love to see you go on FoxNews and talk to Neal Cavuto and Glenn Beck and Mike Huckabee and Sean Hannity and Geraldo Rivera and Bill O'Reilly and Bill Hemmer and Steve Forbes and help them understand the real principles and practices of the FairTax! Once the friendly media gets it, the Tea Parties and the FairTax will start to gain traction!

Thanks so much!

Deborah Mulholand in Dayton, Ohio

cc: To My Dayton, Ohio, FairTax Friends

Views: 106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey, Dave

On Geraldo at Large last night: after showing the Joe the Plumber you tube clip he had Joe live. Joe briefly addressed the 23% federal flat tax but did not have time to mention that it replaces the imbeddeds. Then this female guest (didn't catch her name) said a few ok things then added that people wouldn't buy due to suffering from sticker shock at the extra 23%, as if it was to be added to the current price of items and services! Geraldo said something like "I see what you mean" or something to that effect and let it go as if it were truth.

I was ready to spit nails. I jumped out of bed, ran into my living room, booted up and fired off an email to clarify the facts.
Yes, I can see that this one line was confusing. I typed a run on sentence and didn't clarify very well.

Gov. Mike Huckabee is the one who is on Fox News a lot at all different times of the day and week. You never know when he's gonna be on.

He says it simplest and best. There's lots of YouTube video of Mike Huckabee talking about the FairTax.
excellent response.
I've found the Geraldo at Large Joe the Plumber interview video...

Go to: http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html and then enter rivera in the search videos box - when the search results come up, just scroll down to the bottom
I think Joe the Plumber will help bring a lot of people onboard.
In all honesty, people will learn themselves the truth and I personally think very few will just go with what Geraldo said as gospel.

Yes some people will, and we can educate them when/if they come up against the FairTax.
But we have to remember that most people will learn about it, like it and then just sit and wait for it.
Same goes for people against it.

But that being said, all the letters can do is educate those who are spreading the word :)
Deborah,

This is the only portion of the transcript I've been able to get and it's the part with Joe the Plumber. It doesn't show the guest immediately following and Joe didn't quite explain the 23%.

http://www.foxnews.com/video-search/m/22070567/vote-fair-tax.htm#q=...

I think you're more computer saavy than I so could you try to find out who that female guest was that came on right after Joe the Plumber? This really bugs me.
Nancy, the female was Liz Claman of the Fox Business Network.
Although I watched the whole program, I came away with the feeling I had the first time I heard that 23% would be added to existing costs. The first time I ever heard that, I was against the Fair Tax. I guess I was concerned that others would come away from the show feeling the same way. I see this issue as probably the one that Main St. America hears misrepresented the most and becomes the biggest turn-off. Maybe I'm overeacting.
When I first heard about the Fair Tax I laughed and said it would never happen. Then I read Neal Boortz and John Linder's book and said, "Let's Git'er Done!"

Then I read a couple more books, and my head was spinning and I had zillions of questions. Then I listened to Gov. Huckabee explain the FairTax, and I have no doubt it will put power back in the hands of the people.

That $200 rebate check will take care of any grocery taxes, plus more and having 100% of our paycheck and never having to fill out a 1040 seals the deal for me!

Prices can't go up, because the market always evens itself out. When people slow down buying, prices come down. The only obstacle is Congress. Well, they work for us.

Has anyone found any new Fair Tax supporters who are running for office?
Deborah

Timothy Delasandro will be running for the TX-17th seat against Chet Edwards. I corresponded with him at FreeRepublic.com. I posted a discussion titled "Fair Tax Supporter Timothy Delasandro Will Run for TX 17th Seat" at FTN. He has since signed onto FTN and assured us in the discussion he will cosponsor The Fair Tax. To quote the last sentence of his reply in the discussion "I will co-sponsor The FairTax! I will run on it, extensively. It is a center piece of my platform."
> Deborah
If you go to the main page for this site, and the forums you will see a post that says $422. As you probably know we are trying to get some fund raising going for FairTaxNation.I didn't know exactly how the ranger code contribution thing worked on HuckPac, but I suggested that perhaps we could use something similar here. I believe you were involved with that, so could you post some info on the $422 thread so we can check it out? Cary

RSS

© 2024   Created by Marilyn Rickert.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service