Fair Tax Nation

Replace All Federal Taxes on Income with the Fair Tax Act , HR 25

FairTax Introduced in 112th Congress.PRESS RELEASE from Rob Woodall.

WOODALL INTRODUCES FAIRTAX BILL ON DAY ONE WITH

RECORD NUMBER OF ORIGINAL CO-SPONSORS

Washington, DC—On Wednesday, January 5, 2011, Congressman Rob Woodall (GA-07) introduced H.R. 25, the FairTax.  The FairTax legislation eliminates the current income tax paradigm and replaces it with a system of taxation based on consumption.  The bill was introduced on Wednesday with 47 original co-sponsors—the most original co-sponsors the bill has ever had for its initial introduction.

“I committed to the Seventh District of Georgia that my efforts in Congress would focus on reclaiming freedom for theAmerican people.  It is for that reason that I am proud to make the FairTax—the only bill that restores transparency and simplicity to our tax code—my very first action in Congress.  I have said since its inception that the FairTax is not a tax bill; it is a freedom bill,” Woodall said.

Woodall, who was sworn-in to Congress earlier in the day, played an integral role in crafting the original text of the FairTax as former Congressman John Linder's Chief of Staff when the bill was originally introduced in 1999. 

"Our current tax system is a bloated, convoluted mess that gives government power over Americans' pockets.  With 47Members of Congress and counting signing their names to the FairTax, we are closer than ever before to voting on legislation that eliminates the frustrating mess that is the IRS." 

Although the FairTax was introduced with 47 original co-sponsors, Woodall anticipates adding many more Members of Congress to the bill.  Once the FairTax is introduced with the original co-sponsors, Members are able to sign on to the bill as co-sponsors throughout the 112th Congress.

"The number of signatures on the FairTax this time around is a testament to the will of the people.  It is clear that Americans do not want to have their hard-earned money taken away and they want to reclaim the freedom to spend their money how they choose and when they choose.”

The list of original co-sponsors is as follows:

1) Tom Price (GA)

2) Brian Bilbray (CA)

3 ) John Carter (TX)

4 ) Michael Conaway (TX)

5 ) John Duncan (TN)

6) Virginia Foxx (NC)

7) Steve King (IA)

8) Michael McCaul (TX)

9) Pete Olson (TX)

10 ) John Sullivan (OK)

11 ) Mac Thornberry (TX)

12) Phil Gingrey (GA) 

13) Roscoe Bartlett (MD) 

14) Don Young (AK)    

15) Ander Crenshaw (FL)  

16) Todd Akin (MO)

17) Lynn Westmoreland (GA) 

18) Tom Graves (GA)  

19) Gus Bilirakis (FL) 

20) Ted Poe (TX)

21) Randy Neugebauer (TX)

22) Jeff Miller (FL)

23) Robert Wittman (VA)

24) Jack Kingston (GA)

25) Marlin Stutzman (IN)

26) Jeff Flake (AZ)

27) Billy Long (MO)

28) Cliff Stearns (FL)

29) Tim Walberg (MI) 

30) Dennis Ross (FL)

31) Dan Boren (OK)

32) Mo Brooks (AL) 

33) Darrell Issa (CA)

34) Richard Nugent (FL)

35) Tim Scott (SC)

36) Blake Farenthold (TX)

37) Jeff Duncan (SC)

38) Rob Bishop (UT)

39) Mike Pence (IN)

40) Sandy Adams (FL)

41)  John Mica (FL)

42) Sue Wilkins Myrick (NC)

43) Dan Burton (IN)

44) John Culberson (TX)

45) James Lankford (OK)

46) Mike Pompeo (KS)

47) Gary Miller (CA)

###

-- 

Jennifer Drogus

Communications Director Congressman-elect Rob Woodall

Seventh District of Georgia

202.225.4272 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              202.225.4272      end_of_the_skype_highlighting | jennifer.drogus@mail.house.gov

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The bill is already posted at thomas.gov. Has the Senate version been filed?

I called Senator Chambliss's office this morning.  He was the Sponsor in prior years.  He has not filed the bill yet.  The Senate is going on a two week recess now, so it will be after that before the bill gets filed!  

I wish I had that schedule; work one day and go on a two week vacation!

One could argue Congress in general has been on vacation for a long time.
I believe the country would be better off if they would take a permanent vacation, after passing the FairTax of course.
I'd like to see how many of the guys who ran supporting the bill have co-sponsored.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Marilyn Rickert.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service