Fair Tax Nation

Replace All Federal Taxes on Income with the Fair Tax Act , HR 25

Glenn Beck just interviewed on his show Scott Hodge who is President of The Tax Foundation. Both stated they favor a flat tax on income over The Fair Tax because The Fair Tax will eventually create too many loopholes and exemptions on items purchased whereas a flat tax on income will eliminate loopholes and exemptions. Both clearly don't understand The Fair Tax will eliminate loopholes and exemptions created by lobbyists nor the history of the income tax that began as a flat tax and has evolved into the multi-tiered system we have today because of lobbyists. Both need to be educated. This needs to be addressed.

Views: 230

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And as far as I know, Romney isn't exactly what I'd call a Fair Tax supporter
Before the Romney campaign got into high gear there was a meeting between him and I believe Congressman Linder. He was going to come out with the FairTax as a big plank in his campaign. I can only speculate as to what happened at the meeting, but Romney stormed out and has been against the FairTax ever since. Since Congressman Linder seems to be a civil and sincere person. I doubt that it was a personality thing. My guess is that Romney likes the current system just fine and wants it preserved so that he and his can continue the game of fleecing the people through our tax code. The FairTax wasn't palatable to him at all.
Let's not forget who else supported the other than FairTax candidate i.e., Rush Limbaugh, Herman Cain, Sean Hannity and Newt Gingrich. No future pre "dick" tions here but does "Dick" Armey's flatter than flat tax ring a BELL. Our own Sen. Shelby has his own version of the flat tax. Neither has never,(and I hate to say "never") gotten traction and there's a reason for that and we FairTaxers know why. Focusing on the FairTax positives though is like the saying, "you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar." If the next election focuses on FairTax vs. Flat, we just might see Rush Limbaugh in a fix. Maybe someone could start a campaign that says, "Rush Limbaugh, doomed to support the flat tax, unfortunately it's not the best reform plan, what will he do?"

The talking heads probably figure that they've squeezed the FairTax Juice out of the tea bag as much as possible for advertising bucks$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. They will dance a jig with the politicians for the next election tea bag squeeze to revive the same ol' same ol' flatter than flat- flat tax. I've already seen little subltities in various places.

Could we possibly get Rush Limbaugh off his duff on this one?
I'm trying to tell you folks we have got to wrap the common versions of the flat tax around these people's necks because it almost word for word copied from the 2nd plank of the 2nd plank of the communest manifesto
I've been visiting other states' Fair Tax groups on the net and have found "How does the Fair Tax Compare?" on one of them and copied it off. As you prob. know, in columns it neatly compares current income tax, Fair Tax, and flat tax. I copied it off because I thought it was very helpful. If I wasn't so pc illiterate, I'd put it up. I'll try to find the state where I got it from.
Ken who?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Marilyn Rickert.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service