Fair Tax Nation

Replace All Federal Taxes on Income with the Fair Tax Act , HR 25

We are all working on pushing our elected representatives to sponser and support the FAIRTAX and I am also writing my reps and hopefully this may work, at the same time we all know that if the people get behind this in overwhelming numbers the FAIRTAX will happen without a doubt. I was able to make it to the Columbia, SC rally and picked up some cards produced by NCFAIRTAX.org. they were 3" by 5" cards. They were pretty good explainations of the FAIRTAX but I am thinking they could be improved. If we could simplfy the explanation of the FAIRTAX down to fit practically all of it on these small cards but at the same time explain the major assets of the FAIRTAX and we could pass them out everywhere we go and we could talk to them if they have time or if they don't we could just hand it to them and say check this out when you have time. And by simplifying I mean put it in laymans terms and leave out big complicated words or initials like GDP or the like but put into terms that anyone can understand and I mean anyone. You see most people when they were in school could care less about those big vocabulary words they were trying to teach including myself and we do not understand them now and you hand us something with those big words in it now and were going throw them down somewhere. But you tell us how we can better provide for our families in terms we can understand and we are going to join your team. I have a rough draft of something I put together, it is 10 pages handwritten that educates anyone regardless of their education, on the way the FAIRTAX works, but we need something that explains fully in easy terms to at least explain most of it and peak interest on the rest.

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think leave criminal out of it, just go with "The underground economy will now be taxed the same as the above ground economy."
Ok, and here's my two cents...

Why not the Fair Tax?

What it means to you… Take a look at your most recent pay-stub and add up the amounts for “FIT”, “Social Security” and “Medicare” – that’s how much more there would be in your pay-check every payday – what could you do with that “extra” money? Pay bills? Save it?

Now think about this – in addition to that “extra” money each and every payday, you’ll also get a check from Uncle Sam every month to cover the basic necessities of living. If you’re a typical family of four, you will start off each month with $$$ before you start spending your own money. So, you get a paycheck free of tax withholding plus a monthly “prebate” check – What’s wrong with that?

What it means to business… Any person with a basic understanding of our “free market” economy knows that a business doesn’t really pay taxes – it merely collects them from the consumer in terms of higher prices. Once the FairTax becomes law, a business will be free to reduce their prices accordingly (they won’t be paying all those embedded taxes).

Ok, so what, you might ask. Good question. Once the FairTax is enacted American businesses will be able to price their goods at real market value (the price of the product without the embedded taxes). Almost overnight, American made products become highly competitive in world markets, reducing (if not eliminating) our balance of trade deficit.

What it means to America… In short, JOBS! It is estimated that there are Trillions of American dollars sitting in offshore accounts in order to avoid taxes. Passage of the FairTax will create such a stampede of money flowing back into our country that we’ll have to create a new government agency just to deal with it (well, ok, maybe not a new government agency) but…

Just give this some thought – four out of five companies polled said they would build their next plant in America – and one out of five of those said they would move their entire operation to the United States. How’s that for economic stimulus?

Why not the Fair Tax?... Millions of dollars in private money have already been spent researching the effect of a consumption tax on our economy by leading thinkers and economic masterminds. All of these experts agree that we would be better off with the Fair Tax as opposed to our current tax system.

Formatting was lost, but you get the idea. We need to repalce that $$$ field wih an actual number.
$$$ would be $537 for your family of four.
Thanks Ron!
great explaination Sean!
I will print it off and hand out at my stores for people to see.
Now think about this – in addition to that “extra” money each and every payday, you’ll also get a check from Uncle Sam every month to cover the basic necessities of living. If you’re a typical family of four, you will start off each month with $$$ before you start spending your own money. So, you get a paycheck free of tax withholding plus a monthly “prebate” check – What’s wrong with that?

I would like to make a clarification, the check from Uncle Sam is only to cover the "taxes" paid on what is considered the basic necessities or spending up to the poverty level.

I sometimes feel as though I'm nitpicking, but I don't want somebody thinking the FairTax will provide them with free housing, food on their table and gas for their car.
Joe,

Your exception is well noted and received. Thank you for pointing out the error in my message. Perhaps I need to change my wording to more clearly state what the prebate will actually provide - good catch!
Sean, this is good start on the inside of a trifold or reverse of a flyer, but my vision is a front with short attention getting bullet points so the people will pick it up and look at it. Then, if the bullet points are effetive, they will open it up and get a brief description of the FairTax. On the back should be links to online resources, books, etc.

It looks like we've got a lot of good points here, if someone could just put it together.
Sean, I think you just came up with an ideal layout for a trifold flyer,

Front page: Logo and bullet points
Back page: Resources (web sites, books, etc)
Panel 2: What the FairTax means to you
Panel 3: What the FairTax means to business and industry
Panel 4: What the FairTax means to America
Panel 5: Why the FairTax

I feel confident that if we can get the front design so people will stop to look at it, we can get the rest of it to make them believers.
Thanks Joe,

I like your addition of the words "and industry" in panel 3.

I purposely decided not to use bullet points - just seems like I see too many of them these days. I kept the objective in mind - communicating the FairTax to ordinary folks in plain English. I also purposely posed the question as "Why not the FairTax?". I know this kind of phasing almost always gets my attention.

I like your idea about using this in a trifold and it looks like your proposed layout is on the right track. I would like to suggest that the front page be kept simple, maybe even just a logo and the question "Why not the FairTax?".

I have been very busy for the last few days and have not had the opportunity to work on refining my original piece. I'll see what I can do during the next couple of days.
One more thing before I retire for the night,

"Taxes should paid to fund the necessary operations of the Government, not for social engineering or punishing groups or individuals."

The FairTax would attain this goal, as long as it gets passed as written, without a bunch of political pork, or baggage attached to it.
We had better leave that 1st statement out Joe, we can debate that after the FairTax. And very easily I might add.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Marilyn Rickert.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service