Fair Tax Nation

Replace All Federal Taxes on Income with the Fair Tax Act , HR 25

We are all working on pushing our elected representatives to sponser and support the FAIRTAX and I am also writing my reps and hopefully this may work, at the same time we all know that if the people get behind this in overwhelming numbers the FAIRTAX will happen without a doubt. I was able to make it to the Columbia, SC rally and picked up some cards produced by NCFAIRTAX.org. they were 3" by 5" cards. They were pretty good explainations of the FAIRTAX but I am thinking they could be improved. If we could simplfy the explanation of the FAIRTAX down to fit practically all of it on these small cards but at the same time explain the major assets of the FAIRTAX and we could pass them out everywhere we go and we could talk to them if they have time or if they don't we could just hand it to them and say check this out when you have time. And by simplifying I mean put it in laymans terms and leave out big complicated words or initials like GDP or the like but put into terms that anyone can understand and I mean anyone. You see most people when they were in school could care less about those big vocabulary words they were trying to teach including myself and we do not understand them now and you hand us something with those big words in it now and were going throw them down somewhere. But you tell us how we can better provide for our families in terms we can understand and we are going to join your team. I have a rough draft of something I put together, it is 10 pages handwritten that educates anyone regardless of their education, on the way the FAIRTAX works, but we need something that explains fully in easy terms to at least explain most of it and peak interest on the rest.

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dennis,
Double spacing between paragraphs usually works for me.

I agree with all you are saying, but imho, there are too many words covering too many items.

This needs to be kept simple, we are just trying to get people's attention, not relate the entire FairTax bill to them. That needs to be done after we get their attention.

This is why I would like to see a trifold brochure, much of the information you have here could be used on the inside, while using a brief bullet point front cover to get them to pick it up, and hopefully opening it up to more information.
But, Joe I do want to relate the entire tax bill to them on a one page tri-fold flyer. Most people want do the research to learn the bill but they may take a few minutes to verify something. And also I like your idea of bullet points on the front and resources on the back as part of it.
Hey, I know your idea on the interor is a little different, who says we gotta do just one, I think it would be a good idea to do 2 or 3 different ones. Have them stored on line where anyone could print them off at home or on the road.
The information in the brochure is terrific. It explains the fairtax really well. I'm totally new here and I copied it and put it in notebook so I can study it more. I like Joe McCunes idea about Bullet points. I was a printing press operator for 20 years and learned that having spaces or bullets instead of a page full of words seemed to get people to really read it instead of just "looking" at it. Good work guys. Paul Goertz, a fellow Patriot.
I agree totally Paul and I tried to separate into paragraphs but I am computer dumb you might say. I had like 18 paragraphs when I wrote it by hand and that first line was supposed to be a 2 line caption with The FairTax underlined twice, A Permanent Economic Stimulus out beside and underlined once, then the Jobs/Jobs underneath in a second line. Maybe you could write it again and make it look like it should, with captions, short paragraphs, most paragraphs had space between them some did not. I would like to see what it would look like on here when properly formated. By the way, welcome Paul I'm fairly new myself.
Should I copy and paste it in word and try to work on it? I might edit it some and send it back and see if you like what I've done. It is a lot of words but it does get the message out. Should I try to make it a bit more concise and see what I can do? I'm new at this too so if we could work together on this and make it simple and catchy and informative, that would be terrific. I will see what I can do and we will use the imput from everyone here and post it again and ask for more critique until we get it right. Sound Good? Paul, A Fellow Patriot
See what you can do Paul. It actually reads good when it is separated out and formatted better. Read my opening discussion again and you will see what I'm after. I would like it to fit in a one page tri-fold with the bullets and resources a part of it. you could start out on the front with 4 or 5 bullets above and reserve the center back for resources. I want anyone to be able to read it and know what it does and how it works.
sounds good Dennis, I'll get going on it over the next couple of days and email it to you if you'd like. I will send you my email through your page. Paul, A Fellow Patriot
Ok, here's my latest - not many changes, just a few that were pointed out..

Why not the Fair Tax?

What it means to you… Take a look at your most recent pay-stub and add up the amounts for “FIT”, “Social Security” and “Medicare” – that’s how much more there would be in your pay-check every payday – what could you do with that “extra” money? Pay bills? Save it?

Now think about this – in addition to that “extra” money each and every payday, you’ll also get a check from Uncle Sam every month to cover the taxes on the basic necessities of living. If you’re a typical family of four, you will start off each month with $537 before you start spending your own money. So, you get a paycheck free of tax withholding plus a monthly “prebate” check – What’s wrong with that?

What it means to Business and Industry… Any person with a basic understanding of our “free market” economy knows that a business doesn’t really pay taxes – it merely collects them from the consumer in terms of higher prices. Once the FairTax becomes law, a business will be free to reduce their prices accordingly - they won’t be paying all those (embedded) payroll taxes.

Ok, so what, you might ask. Good question. Once the FairTax is enacted American businesses will be able to price their goods at real market value (the price of the product without the embedded taxes). Almost overnight, American made products become highly competitive in world markets, reducing (if not eliminating) our balance of trade deficit. What’s wrong with that?

What it means to America… In short, JOBS! It is estimated that there are Trillions of American dollars sitting in offshore accounts in order to avoid taxes. Passage of the FairTax will create such a stampede of money flowing back into our country that we’ll have to create a new government agency just to deal with it (well, ok, maybe not a new government agency) but…

Just give this some thought – four out of five companies polled said they would build their next plant in America – and one out of five of those said they would move their entire operation to the United States. How’s that for economic stimulus? What’s wrong with that?

Why not the Fair Tax?... Millions of dollars in private money have already been spent researching the effect of a consumption tax on our economy by leading thinkers and economic masterminds. All of these experts agree that we would be better off with the Fair Tax as opposed to our current tax system.

Again, the formatting gets "lost" so it needs to be reformatted.

I honestly believe this could lead to something - there could be a "front page" made up from the comment made by Joe -ie.,
Starting from where I got cut off... (I honestly believe this could lead to something - there could be a "front page" made up from the comment made by Joe -ie...

"Most Americans agree that something needs to be done about the Tax Code"

Did you get a tax refund this year?
How about a tax refund every month?
Before you pay any taxes.

I think if you add these elements to the front page in the right sequence along with a good logo, then I think you have the "eye catcher" you're looking for (again, no bullet points). Add to that Jamie's assertion "It's Time" and I don't see how your lose.

And yes, Dennis is right, we can have multiple versions - I think we're just trying to come up with the first version.
Sean,
This seems to be taking shape. I think the words and ideas are here, it's just a matter of putting them together in a concise and attractive brochure that screams out,

"PICK ME UP AND CHECK ME OUT"
Ok, we've thrown all these ideas out there, now how do we put it together?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Marilyn Rickert.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service